5850/5980 University Ave
PO Box 9700
Halifax, NS B3K 6R8
- First episode psychosis in adolescents
- Guidelines for treatment of adolescent onset schizophrenia
- Clinical high risk states for psychosis
- Transition services for youth to adult mental health services
BSc, BA Hons (Dalhousie University)
MD (Dalhousie University)
Fellowship, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (Dalhousie University)
Fellowship, Psychosis/Psychotic Disorders in Youth (University of Toronto)
Dr. Abidi continues to work in the area of high risk states for psychotic spectrum disorders in youth. She recently published guidelines for pharmacological treatment of schizophrenia in children/adolescents. Dr. Abidi is also interested in rationalizing approaches to complex cases of youth with psychotic spectrum disorders. She also has leadership experience in the field of health system/service change and lean medicine.
Services and Activities
- Associate Chief, Division of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Dalhousie University
- Division Head, Outpatient Services, IWK Mental Health & Addictions Program
- Head, IWK Youth Psychosis Program
- Abidi S, Mian I, Garcia-Ortega I, Lecomte T, Raedler T, Jackson K, Jackson K, Pringsheim T, Addington D. (2017). CPA Guidelines for the pharmacological treatment of schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders in children and youth. Can J Psychiatry. 62(9): 635-647.
- Abidi S. (2017). Paving the way to change for youth at the gap between child & adolescent and adult mental health services. Can J Psychiatry. 62(6): 388-392.
- Abidi S. Psychosis in children and youth: a focus on early onset schizophrenia. Pediatrics in Review. 2013 Jul; 34(7), 296-306.