IWK Health Centre
5850 University Avenue, PO Box 9700
Halifax, NS B3K 6R8
- School Mental Health
- Mental health literacy
- Stigma of mental illness
- Child and adolescent mental health
- Knowledge translation
BA (Hunan Normal University)
MA (York University)
PhD (Dalhousie University)
Dr. Yifeng Wei’s research interests include knowledge translation in school mental health, focusing on promoting mental health literacy, reducing stigma of mental illness and improving help-seeking behaviors in secondary schools. Her work is interdisciplinary and geared to contributing to mental health promotion and early intervention at national and international levels.
- Wei Y, McGrath P, Hayden J, Kutcher S. The quality of measurement tools evaluating the stigma of mental illness: a systematic review. Epidemiology and Psychiatric Sciences, 2017, 1-30. DOI: 10.1017/S2045796017000178
- Milin R, Kutcher S, Lewis S, Walker S, Wei Y, Ferrill N, Armstrong M. Impact of a mental health curriculum on knowledge and stigma among high school students: a randomized controlled trial. Journal of American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 2016, 55(5): 383-391. DOI: 10.1016/j.jaac.2016.02.018
- Kutcher S, Wei Y, & Weist M. (Eds.). International School Mental Health for Adolescents: Global Opportunities and Challenges. 2015. UK: Cambridge University Press.
- Kutcher S, Wei Y, & Morgan C. Successful application of a Canadian mental health curriculum resource by usual classroom teachers in significantly and sustainably improving student mental health literacy. Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, 2015, 60(12), 580-586.
- Wei Y, Kutcher S, & Szumilas M. Effectiveness on mental health of psychological debriefing for crisis intervention in school settings. Psychology Review, 2010, 22(3), 339-347.