Global Health News» Go to news main
Halifax Black Film Festival
Date: Sat. March 4, 2017 @ 7pm
Location: Spatz Theatre, 1855 Trollope St. Halifax, NS
Tickets: $20 in advance; $25 at the door
The Fabienne Colas Foundation is the founder of the successful Montreal International Black Film Festival – MIBFF (www.montrealblackfilm.com) and Toronto Black Film Festival – TBFF (www.torontoblackfilm.com). We are very happy to bring the Black Film Festival to Nova Scotia coinciding with the 150th anniversary of Canada.
On Saturday March 4th, we will screen the film Maya Angelou: And Still I Rise at the Spatz Theatre – 7PM. The screening will be followed by a Q&A with the film director Rita Coburn Whack. The event will be hosted by Fabienne Colas MIBFF, TBFF and HBFF founder and president.
More information can be found on: www.halifaxblackfilm.com about the festival, film and guests.
Our hashtag is #HBFF17; and our social media handles are:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/halifaxblackfilmfestival
- Twitter: @HABlackFilmFest
- Instagram: @HalifaxBlackFilmFest
- Workshop: Framing Diversity and Gender in your Research Proposal
- Beyond the Binary: Grappling with sex and gender in biomedical research
- Dalhousie Medical Education Research and Innovation Showcase (MERIS)
- Workshop: Climate Change & Health
- Emerging health leaders: What you need to know about LT care
- Families in Canada Conference 2019
- Lunch Concert and Fundraiser: NSGA
- 2019 Weld Kernohan Lecture: Dr. Ojistoh Horn