Global Health News» Go to news main
2018 CSIH Canadian Conference on Global Health
Dates: November 19-21, 2018
Location: Toronto, Canada
Fragile Environments and Global Health: Examining drivers of change
Every year, more than 600 people from more than 30 countries gather in Canada for the Canadian Conference on Global Health (CCGH). Practitioners, researchers, educators, students, policy makers and community mobilizers come to share their knowledge and experience and find new ways to work together.
This topic has received increased attention amongst the global health community as we struggle to understand drivers, experiences and practices. Recognized knowledge gaps include, but are not limited to, a lack of empirical evidence, a dearth of credible population data, weak linkages between health and other sectors, insufficient collaboration between humanitarian and development efforts, and an absence of equitable programs and policies, particularly for vulnerable populations such as women and children, adolescents, and older persons.
With the overall theme being Fragile Environments and Global Health, the subthemes that will emerge in programming will include:
- Advancement of women and children’s health and rights
- The politics of global health (governance, corruption, access and accountability, role of private sector and civil society)
- SDGs and intersectoral collaboration for health (environment, food security, education, employment, etc.)
- Facilitating the humanitarian-development-health nexus
- Social and economic inclusion and populations at risk (aging, disability, vulnerable groups, etc.)
- Indigenous populations
For more information please visit the Conference website.
- Zero Pain Conference
- Understanding social inequalities in health and health care: Evidence and policy implications
- HIV/AIDS Awareness Week Red Ribbon Flag‑raising
- Tropical and Geographic Medicine, Intensive Short Course
- Global Health: Annual Review ‑ Call for Papers
- How have visiting teams been most useful and what are the main challenges?
- Winter Clothing Drive Collection: Dalhousie International Centre
- Black Men's Health Conference