Global Health News» Go to news main
Tropical and Geographic Medicine, Intensive Short Course
Date: May 4 - 8, 2020
Location: UBC Vancouver Campus
This is the 7th annual week-long course for physicians, medical trainees, public health practitioners, nurses and other healthcare workers who intend to practice in the tropics, resource-limited settings or who require an update on infectious, parasitic and other major tropical diseases.
Through interactive lectures, small-group case-based discussions and practical laboratory teaching, attendees will learn:
- A clinical approach to the evaluation and management of tropical diseases
- Practical laboratory skills, with a focus on the identification of parasites important for the diagnosis of tropical diseases
- Public health principles and applications including outbreak management
Each of these areas has specific learning outcomes for course participants. See course website for full course brochure and more information.
Early registration rate effective until April 6, 2020.
UBC School of Population and Public Health
Faculty of Medicine, Continuing Education
2206 East Mall, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6T 1Z3
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: (604) 822-9599
- Zero Pain Conference
- Understanding social inequalities in health and health care: Evidence and policy implications
- HIV/AIDS Awareness Week Red Ribbon Flag‑raising
- Tropical and Geographic Medicine, Intensive Short Course
- Global Health: Annual Review ‑ Call for Papers
- How have visiting teams been most useful and what are the main challenges?
- Winter Clothing Drive Collection: Dalhousie International Centre
- Black Men's Health Conference