Global Health News» Go to news main
Tropical and Geographic Medicine, Intensive Short Course
Date: May 4 - 8, 2020
Location: UBC Vancouver Campus
This is the 7th annual week-long course for physicians, medical trainees, public health practitioners, nurses and other healthcare workers who intend to practice in the tropics, resource-limited settings or who require an update on infectious, parasitic and other major tropical diseases.
Through interactive lectures, small-group case-based discussions and practical laboratory teaching, attendees will learn:
- A clinical approach to the evaluation and management of tropical diseases
- Practical laboratory skills, with a focus on the identification of parasites important for the diagnosis of tropical diseases
- Public health principles and applications including outbreak management
Each of these areas has specific learning outcomes for course participants. See course website for full course brochure and more information.
Early registration rate effective until April 6, 2020.
UBC School of Population and Public Health
Faculty of Medicine, Continuing Education
2206 East Mall, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6T 1Z3
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: (604) 822-9599
- Spark: A Discussion Group on Equity in Academic Medicine
- Short‑Documentary Screening: Period. End of Sentence
- Primary Health Care Research Day
- The Politics of Malnutrition
- Halifax Black Film Festival 2020
- Making it Count: Panel Discussion
- Black Excellence in Stem and Health Research Symposium
- Dal Reads with Michelle Sylliboy