Global Health News» Go to news main
Dal Reads with Michelle Sylliboy
Date: Jan 16, 2020 @ 4-6 PM
Location: Indigenous Student Centre, Dalhousie
Michelle will lead this art workshop. Art supplies will be provided. Space is limited, please register.
Interdisciplinary artist and poet Michelle Sylliboy (Mi’kmaq/L’nu) was born in Boston, Massachusetts and raised on her traditional L’nuk territory in We’koqmaq, Cape Breton. While living on the traditional, unceded territories of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh Nations, Sylliboy completed a BFA at Emily Carr University of Art + Design, and a Masters in Education from Simon Fraser University. She is currently a PhD candidate in Simon Fraser University’s Philosophy of Education program, where she is working to reclaim her original written komqwej’wikasikl language.
For more information: https://dal.libcal.com/event/3530571
These events are promoted through the Indigenous Student Centre newsletter. Please contact email@example.com to receive your copy.
- Spark: A Discussion Group on Equity in Academic Medicine
- Short‑Documentary Screening: Period. End of Sentence
- Primary Health Care Research Day
- The Politics of Malnutrition
- Halifax Black Film Festival 2020
- Making it Count: Panel Discussion
- Black Excellence in Stem and Health Research Symposium
- Dal Reads with Michelle Sylliboy