Global Health News» Go to news main
Belong Speaker Series: Breaking Barriers at Dalhousie University
Date: July 5, 2021 @ 1-2PM
Location: Microsoft Teams
On behalf of the Faculty of Engineering, you are invited to the first event in the Belong Speaker Series: Breaking Barriers at Dalhousie University.
Please use this Teams Link for attendance.
The Belong Speaker Series has been organized to highlight the work of up-and-coming BIPOC researchers in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics, Medicine & Health (STEAMMH) and give the Dalhousie community an opportunity to connect with these inspiring academics.
Our first speaker is Noreen Kamal, P.Eng. Ph.D.
Dr. Kamal is an engineer and academic, who is interested in improving health care systems. In particular, aim to design and improve health systems to match the progression of the disease. She is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Industrial Engineering at DalhousieUniversity with cross-appointments in the Faculty of Medicine's Division of Neurology and Department of Community Health and Epidemiology. She is also a Scientific Affiliate with Nova Scotia Health, worked in the health systems in Alberta and British Columbia.
- Dal Med GHI Global Health Case Competition
- The Service Learning Program Invites You To The Final Presentations & Year End Celebration
- White Fragility Clinic
- 2022 Global Health Student Writing Competition
- 7th Khon Kaen University’s International Challenge on Emergency Medicine
- Program Assistant: Indigenous Health in Medicine Program
- Belong Speaker Series: Breaking Barriers at Dalhousie University
- Multiple Employment Opportunities ‑ NSERC Encouraging Vaccine Confidence in Canada