Welcome to the Atlantic Canada Biobank Consortium
Who are we?
The Atlantic Canada Biobank Consortium (ACBC) is an integrated group of Biobanks located across the region. We accept donated patient samples and information from across Atlantic Canada. Human biologic specimen (HBS) donors' contributions will contribute to current and future healthcare research around the world. Meet the team.
What is a Biobank?
A Biobank is a collection of:
- Patient samples (blood, other bodily fluids, and/or tissue samples taken during biopsy or surgery)
- Patient health information
Why are Biobanks important?
Researchers can use Biobank material and data to:
- Increase our understanding of diseases
- Help develop new therapies
- Better predict clinical outcomes
These are just some of the ways in which HBS donations can help advance our understanding of various diseases.
To learn more about the Atlantic Canada Biobank Consortium, please visit links on the right-hand side of this page for more information about our Regional Partners, Governance & Oversight of the Biobank, and more information for researchers and HBS donors.