New» Go to news main
US LI‑RADS Visualization Score: Interobserver Variability and Association With Cause of Liver Disease, Sex, and Body Mass Index
To evaluate the interobserver agreement between radiologists using the Ultrasound Liver Reporting And Data System (US LI-RADS) visualization score and assess association between visualization score and cause of liver disease, sex, and body mass index (BMI).
This retrospective, single institution, cross-sectional study evaluated 237 consecutive hepatocellular carcinoma surveillance US examinations between March 4, 2017 and September 4, 2017. Five abdominal radiologists independently assigned a US LI-RADS visualization score (A, no or minimal limitations; B, moderate limitations; C, severe limitations). Interobserver agreement was assessed with a weighted Kappa statistic. Association between US visualization score (A vs B or C) and cause of liver disease, sex, and BMI (< or 25 kg/m2) was evaluated using univariate and multivariate analyses.
The average weighted Kappa statistic for all raters was 0.51. A score of either B or C was assigned by the majority of radiologists in 148/237 cases and was significantly associated with cause of liver disease (P ¼ 0.014) and elevated BMI (P < 0.001). Subjects with viral liver disease were 3.32 times (95% CI: 1.44-8.38) more likely to have a score of A than those with non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (P ¼ 0.007). The adjusted odds ratio of visualization score A was 0.249 (95% CI: 0.13-0.48) among those whose BMI was 25 kg/m2 vs. BMI < 25 kg/m2.
Interobserver agreement between radiologists using US LI-RADS score was moderate. The majority of US examinations were scored as having moderate or severe limitations, and this was significantly associated with non-alcoholic steatohepatitis and increased BMI.
- Publication: MR Imaging of Pediatric Low‑Grade Gliomas: Pretherapeutic Differentiation of BRAF V600E Mutation, BRAF Fusion, and Wild‑Type Tumors in Patients without Neurofibromatosis‑1
- Publication: Diagnostic Performance and Interreader Agreement of the MRI Clear Cell Likelihood Score for Characterization of cT1a and cT1b Solid Renal Masses: An External Validation Study.
- Publication: Challenges in Initiating a Cerebral Aneurysm Coiling Programme in a Small Centre: Our Experience after the First 100 Cases
- Publication: Endometrial osseous metaplasia with secondary infertility
- Publication: HGG‑05. Systematic review of diffuse hemispheric glioma, H3 G34‑mutant and clinical factors influencing outcomes.
- Publication:Resting state functional connectivity in SLE patients and association with cognitive impairment and blood‑brain barrier permeability.
- Publication: LGG‑08. MR Imaging of pediatric low‑grade gliomas: Pretherapeutic differentiation of BRAF V600E mutation, BRAF‑Fused and Wild‑Type tumors in patients without Neurofibromatosis‑1.
- Publication: Contrast induced encephalopathy following endovascular therapy for the treatment of cerebrovascular disease.
comments powered by Disqus