Global Health News» Go to news main
PhD Program in Epidemiology and Applied Health Research
Application Deadline: Dec 1, 2014
Dalhousie University’s Department of Community Health and Epidemiology invites applications for the PhD Program in Epidemiology and Applied Health Research for the first cohort, starting September 2015. Graduates of the program will become independent investigators who will generate evidence through rigorous multidisciplinary epidemiologic and applied health research that contributes to improved health locally, nationally, and globally.
possess both depth and breadth in epidemiology. PhD students in Epidemiology and Applied Health Research will develop deep expertise in a specialized area in one of three domains in applied health research disciplines:
- Epidemiology and Biostatistic
- Patient and Population Health
- Health Services and Outcomes
Students will master theories, methodological concepts, and substantive knowledge integral to all three domains. To realize this vision, during four years of the program, students will undertake a variety of learning experiences including coursework, a placement in a clinical, governmental, or non-governmental setting, a comprehensive
examination, and a dissertation.
Interested applicants are encouraged to communicate with faculty members in the Department of Community Health and Epidemiology to identify a supervisor. Please visit the departmental web page for admission and application materials.
- 2024 Student Writing Competition
- Fall 2023 White Fragility Clinic
- Climate Course for Global Gastroenterology
- PLANS Health Professions Exploration Day
- 2023 Student Writing Competition
- Job Posting: Dalhousie Writing Centre Student Tutors
- White Fragility Clinic 2022‑2023
- Dal Med GHI Global Health Case Competition