Global Health News» Go to news main
Capital Health Diversity Bursary
Applications open: Jan 6, 2015
Applications due: Feb 6, 2015
Launch event: January 9, 2015, 10:00am at the NSCC Waterfront Campus, 5th floor board room
Capital Health is taking steps to create a more diverse workforce that better represents the communities we serve. Post-secondary students who identify as African Nova Scotian, Aboriginal, immigrant and/or as persons with a disability are invited to apply for a diversity bursary. Students must be:
- Continuing studies in a health profession
- Attending a Canadian post-secondary institution that is recognized by the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada
- A permanent resident of Halifax Regional Municipality or West Hants (current Capital Health district boundaries)
The application form: www.cdha.nshealth.ca/diversity-inclusion.
Applications will be evaluated by Community Health Boards on a number of factors including: community involvement, financial need, educational goals and field of study in health care.
Invitation to official launch -- Capital Health will have an event on January 9, 2015, 10:00am at the NSCC Waterfront Campus, 5th floor board room to officially launch the bursary program. Everyone welcome.
For more information please contact Anna Jacobs, email@example.com
- Call for Nominations: 2018 Global Health Awards
- Call for Submissions: 2018 Global Health Photo Contest
- Centering Black Canadian Health
- Updates from Popular Culture: Weinstein, Trump and Violence Against Women, Solutions for the Future
- 16 Days Keynote Address
- 16 Days of Activism Against Gender‑based Violence At Dalhousie
- World AIDS Day Vigil
- Opening Lecture: 7th Annual Fear Memorial Conference