Global Health News» Go to news main
Grand Challenges Canada: 2015 Summer Student Program
Application Deadline: Jan 23, 2015
Program Dates: May 4 - Aug 28, 2015
Grand Challenges Canada is now accepting applications to their Summer Student Program.
This is an opportunity for students to gain meaningful, hands-on experience in the diverse, interdisciplinary field of global health.
Each summer, Grand Challenges Canada welcomes passionate and driven students from a variety of disciplines to work as part of our team, through the Summer Student Program.
- Contribute to an innovative and well-known organization at the vanguard of global health
- Work in an interdisciplinary team in your area of interest and gain valuable experience for your future
- Attend regular speaker events featuring prominent researchers, clinicians, investors, leaders and thinkers in the global health sphere
- Learn from our team through Grand Challenges Canada’s mentorship program
- Develop your communication, analytic and networking skills.
Summer students will work in and across the following areas within Grand Challenges Canada, based on their interests and experience:
- Targeted Challenges Programs (Saving Lives at Birth, Saving Brains, Global Mental Health)
- Stars in Global Health
Job descriptions for each position can be found here.
- Atlantic Council for International Cooperation Annual Symposium
- Canadian Society of Addiction Medicine Annual Meeting and Scientific Conference
- Celebration of Community Volunteer Day: A Film Screening Event
- Invitation to support the Canadian LAC pre‑congress
- Sixth Global Symposium on Health Systems Research
- 2019 Canadian Conference on Global Health
- SickKids Global Child Health Course
- PEGASUS IV Conference 2020