Global Health News» Go to news main
Summer Job Opportunity: Camp Counselors for African NS Health Sciences Summer Camp
Application Deadline: April 21, 2015 @ 11:50pm
Training, Friday June 26, 2015 (TBC)
Camp, Saturday July 5 to Friday July 10, 2015
Salary: $1500 (6 days + 1 day training)
PLANS (Promoting Leadership in health for African Nova Scotians) is looking to recruit three (3) Camp Counsellors to support the African Nova Scotian Health Sciences Summer Camp as part of a recruitment initiative aimed at increasing the interest in the health professions among students of African descent in Nova Scotia. PLANS is a program designed to address the underrepresentation of African Nova Scotians and other persons of African descent in the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry, and Health Professions.
The Camp Counsellors will be responsible for 24 hour supervision for all activities including nights. Accommodations and meals are provided. Counsellors will work closely with the Program Coordinator to coordinate and implement all aspects of the day camp program.
For further details please review the Full Job Posting [PDF 263 KB]
Submit a cover letter and resume with two references (one MUST be academic) by 11:59pm April 21, 2015 to Michelle Patrick (firstname.lastname@example.org). Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Posting: Dalhousie Writing Centre Student Tutors
- White Fragility Clinic 2022‑2023
- Dal Med GHI Global Health Case Competition
- The Service Learning Program Invites You To The Final Presentations & Year End Celebration
- White Fragility Clinic
- 2022 Global Health Student Writing Competition
- 7th Khon Kaen University’s International Challenge on Emergency Medicine
- Program Assistant: Indigenous Health in Medicine Program