Global Health News» Go to news main
Volunteer Opportunity: Conference on (Re)Building Inclusive Societies
Date: June 22 - 24, 2015
Location: Mount Saint Vincent University and Dalhousie University
Student volunteers are wanted for an upcoming conference (Re)Building Inclusive Societies: Critical Reflections in Disability and Global Development. All volunteers are asked for a minimum commitment of one full day, and will be asked to attend a mandatory two hour training session during the week of June 15 to 19.
Benefits to volunteers include:
- Meeting leading academics, policy makers, and development practitioners in the area of disability and global development
- Increasing your knowledge of inclusive development and research practices
- Lunch and snacks while volunteering
For more information and to indicate your availability, please contact Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Volunteer” in the subject line.
This activity is eligible for inclusion on your MSVU Co-Curricular Record.
- Indigenous Knowledge and Access Symposium
- Contest: Help us rename the Service Learning program
- Soup & Sock Drive
- Indigenous in Halifax: Panel Discussion
- Indigenous Cultural Responsiveness Theory (ICRT): a New Tool for Improving Health Outcomes for FNMI (First Nations, Metis and Inuit) peoples
- Global Health, Equity & Primary Care Course
- PLANS Lunch and Learn: Race & Sport in Canada
- What to expect when you aren't expected: birth stories of queer women