Global Health News» Go to news main
ICRE 2015: International Conference on Residency Education
Dates: Oct 22-24, 2015
Location: Vancouver Canada
Residency Rediscovered: Transforming Training for Modern Care
The International Conference on Residency Education is a global forum for those involved in residency education to share ideas, challenges, innovations, and advance training.
Who should attend:
ICRE is a gathering of those involved in residency teaching, learning, and assessment from around the world, including:
- clinical teachers and educators;
- program directors;
- postgraduate deans;
- program administrators;
- government leaders and policy makers;
- educational researchers; and
- medical education leaders.
By the end of ICRE 2015, participants will be able to:
- Describe best practices and research in residency education useful for their work.
- Describe new developments in competency-based education and the implications for residency education.
- Describe three key current trends in residency education, and the implications for their own program.
- Adopt a number of new approaches for enhancing excellence in teaching and assessment in residency.
- Describe some different approaches to residency education from other countries and jurisdictions.
- Explore the relationship between residency education and quality and safety and care for today’s and tomorrow’s patients
- Describe the implications of new technologies for residency education
- Describe novel designs for residency education in the 21st century
Conference Learning Tracks
The ICRE 2015 conference topics include:
- Accreditation in Residency Education
- Admissions: Selecting residents
- Assessment: Cutting edge tools and practical techniques
- Competency-based education
- Education for patient safety
- Education research methods
- Faculty development
- Health policy and residency education
- Humanities and history in medical education
- Physician health and wellness
- Resident duty hours
- Simulation in residency education
- Teaching and learning in residency education
- Using innovative technologies for medical education
- What Works? Innovations in residency teaching and assessment
For more information please visit the ICRE 2015 website.
- Spark: A Discussion Group on Equity in Academic Medicine
- Short‑Documentary Screening: Period. End of Sentence
- Primary Health Care Research Day
- The Politics of Malnutrition
- Halifax Black Film Festival 2020
- Making it Count: Panel Discussion
- Black Excellence in Stem and Health Research Symposium
- Dal Reads with Michelle Sylliboy