Global Health News» Go to news main
2015 IYIP Interns ( International Youth Internships Program)
Deadline for applications: July 22, 2015 @ 5PM
Possible Locations: Canada, Bhutan, Bolivia, Ghana, Gambia, Haiti, Jamaica, Kenya, South Africa and Uganda
Since 2002, the Atlantic Council for International Cooperation (ACIC) has offered 65 internships in 16 countries through the International Youth Internships Program (DFATD). These internships provide youth (age 19-30) with international development experience, skills, and knowledge to help better prepare them for future employment, while advancing Canadian development objectives.
Internships are eight months in duration, with six months spent in host partner organization countries: Bhutan, Bolivia, Ghana, Gambia, Haiti, Jamaica, Kenya, South Africa and Uganda. Interns also work in Canada for up to two months with an ACIC member organization both prior to their departure overseas and upon their return.
Other Important Dates:
- Interviews: Mid-August 2015
- Positions Begin: Late September 2015
- Placement at Canadian Host Organization: Late September until October
- Placement at Overseas Host Organization: September/October 2015
- Re-entry Session in Canada: Mid/Late April 2016
- Canadian Host Organization: Late April/Early May 2016
- Internships Completed: Early May 2016
For more information please visit the ACIC/IYIP website.
- Global Health and Disability: New Free Online Course
- McGill Summer Institute in Infectious Diseases and Global Health
- IWK Global Health Fair
- Experiences of Black Mothers in hospitals
- Creating Space in Health Professions for African Nova Scotians
- Anarcha's Legacy
- Film Screening & Panel Discussion: The Stairs
- Facing Race: The Current Town Hall in Halifax