Global Health News» Go to news main
CAME Wooster Family Grant in Medical Education
Deadline for application: October 15, 2015
Submit material to CAME@afmc.ca.
Clinical faculty members in a Canadian faculty of health sciences/medicine (or equivalent), who are members of CAME, seeking funding for scholarly projects related to medical education are encouraged to submit applications.
Opportunities for peer-reviewed grant support in medical education are limited. Emerging educators and those with new unfunded projects are particularly challenged in attracting support at these critical times. This award is meant to support new and innovative projects in medical education that are not part of a larger, formalized and funded education research program.
Applicants are requested to submit:
1) an abridged CV (maximum 3 pages, focusing on previous research and education scholarship)
2) a project summary (maximum 1000 words) including:
a) background and rationale
b) proposed study question/objective
d) analysis plan
e) expected outcome or impact
3) a brief description of the intended dissemination strategy
4) budget. Note the following expenses are ineligible: salary support for PI or other faculty member(s), University/institution overhead, computers and other equipment unless integral to the study (e.g., tape recorder); publication costs in an Open Access journal; .
5) a letter of support from departmental chair/chief or education dean.
For more information about CAME please visit www.came-acem.ca.
- Johnson Scholarship Foundation Bursary
- Teens Now Talk: Youth Expo
- Indigenous Health: Kitpu Wise March Break Health Science Camp
- Art Gala Showcase of Youth
- Poetry and Spoken Word with Rosanna Deerchild
- Film Screening: Innu Film "Nakatuenita" (Respect)
- Info Session: Global Health Education Opportunities
- DMNB Hidden Realities Speaker Series