Global Health News» Go to news main
CUGH Faculty Development Webinar Series: Teaching Global Health through an Interprofessional Lens
Thurs. Oct. 20, 2016 @1pm EST
This 1st of 6 Installments features: The Law & Global Health.
For many global health practitioners, the link between the law and global health is not clear. However, upon closer look, much of the framework for how global health is conceived and practiced is grounded in the laws, regulations and guidance that emanate from global organizations, such as the World Health Organization and the United Nations.
This webinar is the first installment of a 6-part series, TEACHING GLOBAL HEALTH THROUGH AN INTERPROFESSIONAL LENS. It aims to give participants a basic understanding of the foundational legal and regulatory frameworks in global health with concrete examples.
Global Health is fundamentally an interprofessional pursuit, yet educators are often more familiar with their own discipline and can be challenged to teach global health through an interprofessional lens. This CUGH webinar series aims to equip educators with a basic understanding of the need-to-know aspects of different disciplines approaches and contributions to global health. Webinars will include key learning objects, vocabulary, and resources to bring multiple professional approaches to your global health course. This is especially useful for educators who do not have content area experts in other disciplines available to co-teach.
Please mark your calendars for these important faculty development offerings.
- October, 20, 2016 - THE LAW AND GLOBAL HEALTH
- December 7, 2016 - GLOBAL HEALTH ANTHROPOLOGY
- January 31, 2017 - GLOBAL HEALTH ENGINEERING
- TBA 2017 - GLOBAL HEALTH ECONOMICS
- TBA 2017 - PUBLIC HEALTH & GLOBAL HEALTH
- TBA 2017 - GLOBAL HEALTH VETERINARY MEDICINE / ONE HEALTH
- Fall 2023 White Fragility Clinic
- Climate Course for Global Gastroenterology
- PLANS Health Professions Exploration Day
- 2023 Student Writing Competition
- Job Posting: Dalhousie Writing Centre Student Tutors
- White Fragility Clinic 2022‑2023
- Dal Med GHI Global Health Case Competition
- The Service Learning Program Invites You To The Final Presentations & Year End Celebration