Global Health News» Go to news main
African Heritage Month: Let's Talk Microaggressions
NEW DATE March 1, 2017 @ 11:35 - 12:25 pm
Location: Black Student Advising Centre, 1321 Edward Street.
The term “microaggression” was used by Columbia professor Derald Sue to refer to “brief and commonplace daily verbal, behavioral, or environmental indignities, whether intentional or unintentional, that communicate hostile, derogatory, or negative racial slights and insults toward people of color.
All are welcome.
- Scotia Scholars Awards: NSHRF
- Global Health and Disability: New Free Online Course
- McGill Summer Institute in Infectious Diseases and Global Health
- IWK Global Health Fair
- Experiences of Black Mothers in hospitals
- Creating Space in Health Professions for African Nova Scotians
- Anarcha's Legacy
- Film Screening & Panel Discussion: The Stairs