Global Health News» Go to news main
African Heritage Month: Let's Talk Microaggressions
NEW DATE March 1, 2017 @ 11:35 - 12:25 pm
Location: Black Student Advising Centre, 1321 Edward Street.
The term “microaggression” was used by Columbia professor Derald Sue to refer to “brief and commonplace daily verbal, behavioral, or environmental indignities, whether intentional or unintentional, that communicate hostile, derogatory, or negative racial slights and insults toward people of color.
All are welcome.
- Updates from Popular Culture: Weinstein, Trump and Violence Against Women, Solutions for the Future
- 16 Days Keynote Address
- 16 Days of Activism Against Gender‑based Violence At Dalhousie
- World AIDS Day Vigil
- Opening Lecture: 7th Annual Fear Memorial Conference
- 7th Annual Fear Memorial Conference
- Two Minutes to Midnight: Can the Crisis in North Korea be Defused?
- Workshop: Building Intercultural Competence