Global Health News» Go to news main
Diversity in Mental Health Conference at Dalhousie
Date: Fri. May 5, 2017 @ 8am - 4:30pm
Location: Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel
Department of Psychiatry, Dalhousie University. XXVIII W.O. McCormick Academic Day Conference. Named in honour of the late Dr. W.O. McCormick, Academic Day has become the Dalhousie Department of Psychiatry’s most highly valued and successful annual conference with over 230 participants. The audience consists of psychiatrists, primary care physicians, residents, medical students, and multidisciplinary mental health clinicians from throughout the Atlantic Provinces representing Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Adult Psychiatry and Geriatric Psychiatry.
Morning Keynote Speaker: Dr. Laurence Kirmayer: “Transcultural Psychiatry
Dr. Ingrid Waldron: "Troubled Waters: The Psychological Impacts of Environmental Racism in African Nova Scotian Communities"
Dr. Carolyn Thomson: "Resilience"
Afternoon Keynote Speaker: Dr. Gail Knudson: “Transgender Mental Health”
Dr. Amy Bombay: "Indigenous Mental Health"
Dr. David Gardner: "The Impact of Differences in Age, Gender and Physical Health on the Use of Psychotropic Medications in Clinical Practice"
Online registration will be available in late February 2017
- The Service Learning Program Invites You To The Final Presentations & Year End Celebration
- White Fragility Clinic
- 2022 Global Health Student Writing Competition
- 7th Khon Kaen University’s International Challenge on Emergency Medicine
- Program Assistant: Indigenous Health in Medicine Program
- Belong Speaker Series: Breaking Barriers at Dalhousie University
- Multiple Employment Opportunities ‑ NSERC Encouraging Vaccine Confidence in Canada
- GHI Global Health Case Competition ‑ Final Presentations