Global Health News» Go to news main
Invictus Games Panel
Date: March 7, 2017 @ 4:30 - 6 PM (Doors open at 4 pm)
Location: Rebecca Cohn Auditorium, Dalhousie University
The Faculty of Health Professions is pleased to host Invictus Games Toronto 2017 on March 7 for an expert panel. Join CEO of Invictus Games Toronto 2017 Michael Burns, Dean Alice Aiken and an interprofessional panel in a discussion about the impact of the games on military personnel, veterans, friends and family.
CTV Morning Live producer and co-host Heidi Petracek will moderate a lively discussion of the impact of the Invictus Games and the teamwork and collaboration amongst health professionals to prepare the athletes for the competition.
Dalhousie University Postdoctoral fellow Celina Shirazipour will join the panel along with Major General (ret’d) Lewis MacKenzie, Invictus Games competitor Luc Martin (with service dog Trail) and rehabilitation therapist Captain Pauline Godsell.
A brief Q&A will be followed by a chance to meet the panelists and speakers.
For more information contact:
- The Service Learning Program Invites You To The Final Presentations & Year End Celebration
- White Fragility Clinic
- 2022 Global Health Student Writing Competition
- 7th Khon Kaen University’s International Challenge on Emergency Medicine
- Program Assistant: Indigenous Health in Medicine Program
- Belong Speaker Series: Breaking Barriers at Dalhousie University
- Multiple Employment Opportunities ‑ NSERC Encouraging Vaccine Confidence in Canada
- GHI Global Health Case Competition ‑ Final Presentations