Global Health News» Go to news main
Call for Applications: Local Global Health Elective
Application deadline: Oct 27, 2017
Are you a first or second year medical student looking for a global health elective in Canada? We’re looking for students who want to learn more about global health issues at home to participate in this unique elective.
The Local Global Health Elective is a half-year elective, which complements family medicine placements with community and social service organizations. The elective will help students develop a broad understanding of the health of socially marginalized communities and the services available to address the needs of the people they serve in future clinical practice.
Application deadline: October 27th, 2017
Interviews: October 30th – November 3rd, 2017
Orientation: January 11th, 2018
Elective begins: January 22nd, 2018
For more information please visit the local global health elective webpage.
- Updates from Popular Culture: Weinstein, Trump and Violence Against Women, Solutions for the Future
- 16 Days Keynote Address
- 16 Days of Activism Against Gender‑based Violence At Dalhousie
- World AIDS Day Vigil
- Opening Lecture: 7th Annual Fear Memorial Conference
- 7th Annual Fear Memorial Conference
- Two Minutes to Midnight: Can the Crisis in North Korea be Defused?
- Workshop: Building Intercultural Competence