Global Health News» Go to news main
Call for Applications: Local Global Health Elective
Application deadline: Oct 27, 2017
Are you a first or second year medical student looking for a global health elective in Canada? We’re looking for students who want to learn more about global health issues at home to participate in this unique elective.
The Local Global Health Elective is a half-year elective, which complements family medicine placements with community and social service organizations. The elective will help students develop a broad understanding of the health of socially marginalized communities and the services available to address the needs of the people they serve in future clinical practice.
Application deadline: October 27th, 2017
Interviews: October 30th – November 3rd, 2017
Orientation: January 11th, 2018
Elective begins: January 22nd, 2018
For more information please visit the local global health elective webpage.
- Scotia Scholars Awards: NSHRF
- Global Health and Disability: New Free Online Course
- McGill Summer Institute in Infectious Diseases and Global Health
- IWK Global Health Fair
- Experiences of Black Mothers in hospitals
- Creating Space in Health Professions for African Nova Scotians
- Anarcha's Legacy
- Film Screening & Panel Discussion: The Stairs