Global Health News» Go to news main
Call for Applications: Local Global Health Elective
Application deadline: Oct 27, 2017
Are you a first or second year medical student looking for a global health elective in Canada? We’re looking for students who want to learn more about global health issues at home to participate in this unique elective.
The Local Global Health Elective is a half-year elective, which complements family medicine placements with community and social service organizations. The elective will help students develop a broad understanding of the health of socially marginalized communities and the services available to address the needs of the people they serve in future clinical practice.
Application deadline: October 27th, 2017
Interviews: October 30th – November 3rd, 2017
Orientation: January 11th, 2018
Elective begins: January 22nd, 2018
For more information please visit the local global health elective webpage.
- Primary Health Care Research Day 2018
- Words Matter: A Mental Health Literacy Update with Dr. Stan Kutcher
- 2018 Canadian Bioethics Society Conference
- A Celebration! Service Learning Program
- Call for Proposals: ACIC Symposium
- Call for Applications: Indigenous Health Sciences summer camp
- Celebration of Global Health
- Call for Applications: African Nova Scotian Health Science Summer Camps