Global Health News» Go to news main
Research and Clinical Trials in Sickle Cell Disease ‑ Family Engagement
Date: Thurs. Oct. 19, 2017 @ 9am – 3pm
Location: Nova Scotia Archives, 6016 University Avenue: Robie + University Ave
Join us with Senator Jane Cordy who Advanced ‘An Act Respecting National Sickle Cell Awareness Day’! Meet Healthcare Professionals, Researchers + Patient Families.
- Meals + Accommodations Provided for Patient Families Outside of HRM
- Child-friendly Space
- Refreshment is Provided
- Bus Tickets Available if Desired
Sickle Cell Disease Distorts Red Blood Cells, Resulting in Infection, Pain, and Organ Failure over 5000 Canadians Have Sickle Cell Disease.
Presented by the Sickle Cell Disease Association of Canada in Collaboration with the Sickle Cell Disease Association of Nova Scotia.
For more information Email: SickleCellNovaScotia@gmail.com.
- Global Health and Disability: New Free Online Course
- McGill Summer Institute in Infectious Diseases and Global Health
- IWK Global Health Fair
- Experiences of Black Mothers in hospitals
- Creating Space in Health Professions for African Nova Scotians
- Anarcha's Legacy
- Film Screening & Panel Discussion: The Stairs
- Facing Race: The Current Town Hall in Halifax