Global Health News» Go to news main
Research and Clinical Trials in Sickle Cell Disease ‑ Family Engagement
Date: Thurs. Oct. 19, 2017 @ 9am – 3pm
Location: Nova Scotia Archives, 6016 University Avenue: Robie + University Ave
Join us with Senator Jane Cordy who Advanced ‘An Act Respecting National Sickle Cell Awareness Day’! Meet Healthcare Professionals, Researchers + Patient Families.
- Meals + Accommodations Provided for Patient Families Outside of HRM
- Child-friendly Space
- Refreshment is Provided
- Bus Tickets Available if Desired
Sickle Cell Disease Distorts Red Blood Cells, Resulting in Infection, Pain, and Organ Failure over 5000 Canadians Have Sickle Cell Disease.
Presented by the Sickle Cell Disease Association of Canada in Collaboration with the Sickle Cell Disease Association of Nova Scotia.
For more information Email: SickleCellNovaScotia@gmail.com.
- Indigenous Knowledge and Access Symposium
- Contest: Help us rename the Service Learning program
- Soup & Sock Drive
- Indigenous in Halifax: Panel Discussion
- Indigenous Cultural Responsiveness Theory (ICRT): a New Tool for Improving Health Outcomes for FNMI (First Nations, Metis and Inuit) peoples
- Global Health, Equity & Primary Care Course
- PLANS Lunch and Learn: Race & Sport in Canada
- What to expect when you aren't expected: birth stories of queer women