Global Health News» Go to news main
Call for Abstracts: Crossroads Interdisciplinary Health Research Conference
Submission Deadline: January 10, 2018
Conference Dates: March 9 & 10, 2018
Location: Dalhousie University
The Annual Crossroads Interdisciplinary Health Research Conference is hosted by the Graduate Student Society at Dalhousie University’s School of Health and Human Performance. Now in its 16th year, Crossroads has grown to a nation-wide, peer-reviewed academic conference that receives submissions from diverse, health-related disciplines across the country.
Abstracts may be submitted for proposed, ongoing, or completed research projects, including literature synthesis and secondary analysis projects. All accepted abstracts must be presented at the Crossroads Conference as either a poster presentation or an oral presentation (10 minutes, with 5 additional minutes for questions). Due to time constraints, the number of oral presentation spaces is limited. Successful submissions may instead be offered a poster presentation.
Abstracts must be no longer than 1800 characters in length and follow a structured format. Headings for Introduction, Methods, Results/Anticipated Results, and Conclusions/Significance must be included. Titles may be up to 100 characters in length.
- Call for Nominations: 2018 Global Health Awards
- Call for Submissions: 2018 Global Health Photo Contest
- Centering Black Canadian Health
- Updates from Popular Culture: Weinstein, Trump and Violence Against Women, Solutions for the Future
- 16 Days Keynote Address
- 16 Days of Activism Against Gender‑based Violence At Dalhousie
- World AIDS Day Vigil
- Opening Lecture: 7th Annual Fear Memorial Conference