Global Health News» Go to news main
World AIDS Day Vigil
Date: Friday Dec. 1, 2017 @ 7-9 pm
Location: Italian Cultural Center - 2629 Agricola Street, Halifax
The AIDS Coalition of Nova Scotia will be hosting the World AIDS Day Vigil at the Italian Cultural Center in Halifax this year. All are welcome to join us as we remember and celebrate the lives of individuals living with HIV/AIDS who have passed away in Nova Scotia.
The night will include the Reading of the Names and a candle-lighting ceremony to honour their lives, musical performances, poetry, and more. There will be tea, coffee, and dessert.
Attendees are invited to bring a non-perishable food bank item in support of Manna for Health, a local food program supporting the special nutritional needs of individuals living with HIV/AIDS and other chronic illnesses. Space is accessible, on a bus route, and has street parking.
For more information contact: Lori at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call for Nominations: 2018 Global Health Awards
- Call for Submissions: 2018 Global Health Photo Contest
- Centering Black Canadian Health
- Updates from Popular Culture: Weinstein, Trump and Violence Against Women, Solutions for the Future
- 16 Days Keynote Address
- 16 Days of Activism Against Gender‑based Violence At Dalhousie
- World AIDS Day Vigil
- Opening Lecture: 7th Annual Fear Memorial Conference