Global Health News» Go to news main
Facing Race: The Current Town Hall in Halifax
Date: Feb. 16, 2018 @ 7 PM
Location: Halifax Central Library, Spring Garden Rd.
Facing Race Your life. Your stories. Your identity. Three town halls. Nine stories. One big look at important issues of race in Canada.
Legacy of anti-black racism: How does it affect property rights and environmental decisions?
In Halifax, people continue to struggle with the living legacy of anti-black racism. It affects everything from property rights to environmental decisions.
Join CBC Radio's The Current, with host Anna Maria Tremonti at the Paul O'Regan Hall at the Central Library. Doors open at 6:30PM.
You can also listen live, get the podcast or watch the town hall LIVE on Facebook.
This event is scheduled to be broadcast on The Current on CBC Radio One, on Wednesday, February 21, 2018. It is the first of three public forums in Canada.
You can find all the details at cbc.ca/thecurrent.
- Anesthesia for Global Outreach Course
- Qualitative Health Research Conference
- Volunteer Opportunities in Tanzania: AWB/USF
- Call for Nominations and Submissions: CUGH 2019 Awards
- Save the Date: Global Health Open House
- Public Talk on Addressing the Unique Housing Needs of Older LGBTQ Adults in the Canadian Context
- Call for Submissions: DoctorsNS Magazine
- CUGH 2019: Translation and Implementation for Impact in Global Health