Global Health News» Go to news main
Volunteer Opportunities in Tanzania: AWB/USF
Application Deadline: August 15, 2018
Kilimanjaro Christian Medical University College (KCMUC) has partnered with AWB in order to develop a program for ongoing training for the faculty of KCMUC to adopt and implement surgical management protocol for precancerous lesion of breasts and cervix; to build capacities and competencies in diagnosing precancerous lesion for cervix and breasts, image and clinical assisting staging of lesion of cervix and breasts, selection of appropriate cases for radical surgeries for cervical and breast cancer, conducting radical mastectomy and radical hysterectomy, and providing postoperative critical care of patients who have underwent radical surgeries; and to develop curriculum in management of early and advanced breast and cervical cancers with a view to ensuring the sustainability of the programming and instruction provided by the volunteers.
We are looking for two volunteers for this project:
- Volunteer 1: Breast Surgeon
- Volunteer 2: Gynecologic Oncologist
Applicants for all positions must have a minimum of an MD with a graduate specialization in their respective disciplines. Applicants with more than 5 years of experience teaching and supervising residents are especially desirable for these positions.
These volunteer opportunities are limited at this time to our Network universities. Kindly forward this email to the relevant faculties and anyone at your university who might be interested.
Please direct any questions you might have to Corrie Young, Project Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Spark: A Discussion Group on Equity in Academic Medicine
- Short‑Documentary Screening: Period. End of Sentence
- Primary Health Care Research Day
- The Politics of Malnutrition
- Halifax Black Film Festival 2020
- Making it Count: Panel Discussion
- Black Excellence in Stem and Health Research Symposium
- Dal Reads with Michelle Sylliboy