Global Health News» Go to news main
ISANS: Building Intercultural Competence Workshops
Schedule for July & Sept 2018
Location: 6960 Mumford Rd, Suite 2120
As Nova Scotia becomes more culturally diverse, we all need to learn how to welcome and work with immigrants and build a better community together.
This full day workshop will:
- Increase understanding of settlement and integration issues
- Explore ways to welcome and support new immigrants
- Develop intercultural relationship building skills for working with new immigrants
Workshops will take place every month at ISANS, 6960 Mumford Rd, Suite 2120 (Mumford Professional Centre, 2nd floor).
Schedule for July & Sept, 2018:
- Friday, July 6, 9:30am-4:30pm
- Thursday, July 19, 9:30am-4:30pm
- Wednesday, Sept 12, 9:30am-4:30pm
- Friday, Sept 28, 9:30am-4:30pm
The maximum number of participants is 16 – please be sure to register early!
This interactive workshop is open to organizations, service providers and community volunteers. There is no fee.
If you are interested, please contact:
Abshiro Abdille | Coordinator, Welcoming Communities | email@example.com | 902.406.8613
- Spark: A Discussion Group on Equity in Academic Medicine
- Short‑Documentary Screening: Period. End of Sentence
- Primary Health Care Research Day
- The Politics of Malnutrition
- Halifax Black Film Festival 2020
- Making it Count: Panel Discussion
- Black Excellence in Stem and Health Research Symposium
- Dal Reads with Michelle Sylliboy