Global Health News» Go to news main
Call for Nominations: ISANS seeks second generation immigrants for new book
Nomination Deadline: Aug. 29, 2018
ISANS is seeking nominations from partners for candidates to include in a new book about second generation immigrants and their contributions to Nova Scotia.
About the Project
ISANS plans to publish a book of stories to highlight the contributions of second generation immigrants. Second generation immigrants are those born in Canada to immigrant parents. One or both parents can be immigrants.
The hopes is to highlight the long-term benefits of immigration. These stories will appear in a book, on the ISANS website, and will be shared through social media channels.
The stories will also be used to support the Immigration Matters campaign by the Government of Canada. This campaign seeks to share and promote stories of communities enriched by immigration, and start a conversation about the importance of immigration at the local level. The campaign combines storytelling and facts to dispel common myths about immigrants and refugees, and promote positive engagement between Canadians and newcomers.
How to Nominate
To nominate someone for this project, we will need the following information:
- Email address and phone number
- Approximate age
- Heritage/Ethnicity/Background info
- Please include a small write-up of why you are nominating. Some things to consider:
- Are they a community builder or contributor?
- Have they overcome challenges?
- Do they have a high profile occupation?
- Are they a champion for a cause or event or community?
- Are they a change maker?
- Are they an employer or entrepreneur?
- Permission to contact – please check with your nominee to get permission for ISANS to contact them about this project.
Please note: not all nominees will be chosen as subjects for this project, but we are always looking for stories to share! Nominees may be considered for other future projects.
Please send your nominations to email@example.com.
- Zero Pain Conference
- Understanding social inequalities in health and health care: Evidence and policy implications
- HIV/AIDS Awareness Week Red Ribbon Flag‑raising
- Tropical and Geographic Medicine, Intensive Short Course
- Global Health: Annual Review ‑ Call for Papers
- How have visiting teams been most useful and what are the main challenges?
- Winter Clothing Drive Collection: Dalhousie International Centre
- Black Men's Health Conference