Global Health News» Go to news main
Dalhousie Sustainable Oceans Conference
Conference Dates: Sept. 22 & 23, 2018
Location: Dalhousie University
Inspiring Happy & Healthy Oceans (H2O)
The Sobey Fund for Oceans (SFO) is founded on a generous and innovative gift from the Donald R. Sobey Foundation. The Fund formed the origin of a unique partnership between the Marine Affairs Program (MAP), Dalhousie University, and WWF-Canada. The goal of this partnership is to inspire inventive interdisciplinary approaches for creating healthy oceans and sustainable economies through student-led conferences, scholarships, and student work placements. Reaching across multiple disciplines – such as marine biology, law, oceanography, management, journalism and political science – creates opportunities to work together on solutions addressing a range of issues that currently affect ocean ecosystems.
This partnership was formed in 2012 and the first Sustainable Oceans Conference took place that same year to provide MAP students with an opportunity to host a major event, facilitate dialogue throughout the academic community and showcase student research.
The overarching goal of the conference is to act as a piece of the larger initiative of the SFO, linking the MAP at Dalhousie University and WWF- Canada in marine conservation efforts, maintaining momentum for other activities such as scholarships, work placements, student/speaker events, etc. and strengthening public awareness and support of the partnership.
For more information please visit the conference website.
- Zero Pain Conference
- HIV/AIDS Awareness Week Red Ribbon Flag‑raising
- Understanding social inequalities in health and health care: Evidence and policy implications
- Tropical and Geographic Medicine, Intensive Short Course
- Global Health: Annual Review ‑ Call for Papers
- How have visiting teams been most useful and what are the main challenges?
- Winter Clothing Drive Collection: Dalhousie International Centre
- Black Men's Health Conference