Global Health News» Go to news main
Grand Challenges Canada: OPTions Innovation Initiative
Deadline: Feb 12, 2019 at 3:00 p.m. ET
The Options for Pregnancy Termination (OPTions) Innovation Initiative has launched a new funding opportunity open to applicants worldwide, for innovations that improve women’s and girls’ access to safe abortion in low- and middle-income countries where there are one or more legal grounds to support it.
The OPTions Initiative seeks innovative and transformative approaches that put women and girls in control of where, when and how they terminate their pregnancy. The focus of this call is therefore to support the development and testing of:
- new approaches to increasing early access to existing abortion products and services
- new methods of pregnancy termination
Successful proposals will be awarded seed grants of up to CAD $250,000 for 18 to 24 months.
*All applications must be submitted through our Fluxx Portal. If you do not already have an account please create one no later than Tuesday, February 5, 2019.
For more information please visit the program website.
- 2022 Global Health Student Writing Competition
- 7th Khon Kaen University’s International Challenge on Emergency Medicine
- Program Assistant: Indigenous Health in Medicine Program
- Belong Speaker Series: Breaking Barriers at Dalhousie University
- Multiple Employment Opportunities ‑ NSERC Encouraging Vaccine Confidence in Canada
- GHI Global Health Case Competition ‑ Final Presentations
- Indigenous Student MCAT Study Group
- IHIM Virtual Sharing Circle