Global Health News» Go to news main
Call for Volunteers: Stepping Stone Holiday Lunch
Date: Fri. Dec. 21, 2018
Location: St. George’s YouthNet, 2222 Brunswick St, Halifax
Stepping Stone is a local organization that provides rights-based supports and services for current and former sex workers and their families, trafficked persons, and people at risk of entering the sex trade. They host a holiday party each year for their clients to brighten up what can be a very challenging holiday season, and are in need of lots of volunteers to help out!
They are requesting new unwrapped toys for the children who will be attending as well as volunteers to bake, cook turkeys, take photos of the event, run children's activities, and more. The party is on Dec. 21st.
- 9:30 - 11 AM - Setup
- 11 AM - 1:30 PM - event (serving food, taking photos, organizing activities)
- 1:30 - 3 PM - cleanup
- Toys can be delivered to Stepping Stone anytime before Dec 20th. (2350 Hunter St, Halifax)
- Baked goods can be dropped off to Stepping Stone the night before or the Community Centre the morning of
If you're interested in lending a hand, please contact Kathleen Murphy at email@example.com.
- Dal Med GHI Global Health Case Competition
- The Service Learning Program Invites You To The Final Presentations & Year End Celebration
- White Fragility Clinic
- 2022 Global Health Student Writing Competition
- 7th Khon Kaen University’s International Challenge on Emergency Medicine
- Program Assistant: Indigenous Health in Medicine Program
- Belong Speaker Series: Breaking Barriers at Dalhousie University
- Multiple Employment Opportunities ‑ NSERC Encouraging Vaccine Confidence in Canada