Global Health News» Go to news main
Emerging health leaders: What you need to know about LT care
Date: Wed. Mar. 6, 2019 @ 4-5 PM
Location: Multipurpose Room, 2nd Floor, Tupper Building
Learn everything you need to know about long-term care as an emerging health leader!
This guest lecture will be given by Dr. Lori Weeks from Dalhousie's School of Nursing, followed by a question and answer period.
Dr. Weeks is a Gerontologist who completed her Ph.D. and a Graduate Certificate in Gerontology at Virginia Tech in 1998. In January, 2015, Lori joined Dalhousie University as an Associate Professor. Her primary research interests focus on care and support services for older adults
and their caregivers and factors affecting the health of seniors. She has a current research focus on supporting older adults and their caregivers through health service transitions and supports for older women experiencing intimate partner violence. She has also been involved with operating an assisted living facility for older adults since 1998.
All are welcome to attend!
*** This event will be held in the Multipurpose Room on the 2nd floor of the Sir Charles Tupper Medical Building.
Presented by the students of Dalhousie's School of Health Administration in conjunction with the Canadian Association on Gerontology.
For more information please visit the Facebook Event page.
- Black Men's Health Conference
- Diversity and Inclusion: Opportunities in the Formal and Hidden Curriculum
- Global Health Discussion Series: Visiting Teams in Global Health
- New life awaits your used iPad: Department of Anesthesia
- Soup & Sock Collection
- Equity, Diversity, Inclusion in Academia: Progress & Opportunities
- Panel Discussion: Reproductive Rights and Advocacy
- Global Health Interventions: Lessons from Nova Scotia and West Africa