Global Health News» Go to news main
Beyond the Binary: Grappling with sex and gender in biomedical research
Date: Mon. March 25, 2019 @ 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Location: Halifax: Tupper Th. A; Saint John: DMNB 102
Featuring Dr. Stacey Ritz with opening remarks from Jasmine Walsh, AVP Dalhousie Human Resources.
Stacey Ritz is an Associate Professor in the Department of Pathology & Molecular Medicine, and Assistant Dean of the Bachelor of Health Sciences (Honours) Program at McMaster. She received her PhD from the Molecular Immunology, Virology & Inflammation Program at McMaster University. As a PI, her laboratory investigated the influence of particulate air pollution on allergy and autoimmune disease; more recently, her work has shifted to focus on how sex/gender considerations can be integrated into laboratory-based research, and critical pedagogy in health sciences education.
Hosted by Dalhousie Medicine's Diversity in Leadership Working Group.
- Black Men's Health Conference
- Diversity and Inclusion: Opportunities in the Formal and Hidden Curriculum
- Global Health Discussion Series: Visiting Teams in Global Health
- New life awaits your used iPad: Department of Anesthesia
- Soup & Sock Collection
- Equity, Diversity, Inclusion in Academia: Progress & Opportunities
- Panel Discussion: Reproductive Rights and Advocacy
- Global Health Interventions: Lessons from Nova Scotia and West Africa