Global Health News» Go to news main
Beyond the Binary: Grappling with sex and gender in biomedical research
Date: Mon. March 25, 2019 @ 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Location: Halifax: Tupper Th. A; Saint John: DMNB 102
Featuring Dr. Stacey Ritz with opening remarks from Jasmine Walsh, AVP Dalhousie Human Resources.
Stacey Ritz is an Associate Professor in the Department of Pathology & Molecular Medicine, and Assistant Dean of the Bachelor of Health Sciences (Honours) Program at McMaster. She received her PhD from the Molecular Immunology, Virology & Inflammation Program at McMaster University. As a PI, her laboratory investigated the influence of particulate air pollution on allergy and autoimmune disease; more recently, her work has shifted to focus on how sex/gender considerations can be integrated into laboratory-based research, and critical pedagogy in health sciences education.
Hosted by Dalhousie Medicine's Diversity in Leadership Working Group.
- Spark: A Discussion Group on Equity in Academic Medicine
- Short‑Documentary Screening: Period. End of Sentence
- Primary Health Care Research Day
- The Politics of Malnutrition
- Halifax Black Film Festival 2020
- Black Excellence in Stem and Health Research Symposium
- Making it Count: Panel Discussion
- Dal Reads with Michelle Sylliboy