Global Health News» Go to news main
North American Refugee Health Conference
Dates: June 14-16, 2019
Location: Toronto, Canada
The North American Refugee Health Conference (NARHC) is the largest refugee health conference of its kind globally and offers access to recent research, best practices in refugee health and a great opportunity for networking.
The Honourable Bob Rae, lawyer, human rights advocate, and former politician will speak about the atrocities he witnessed and the plight of the Rohingya as they flee from Burma to Bangladesh. Dr. Maya Prabhu, psychiatrist, and lawyer from Yale University will deliver a plenary talk on trauma and resiliency, explaining how those who support vulnerable refugee populations can support healing. In addition, we offer two special pre-courses – Update Course in Clinical Tropical Medicine and Travelers’ Health in collaboration with the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (ASTMH) and Nutrition and Health Status of New Canadians in collaboration with the Canadian Nutrition Society.
For more information please visit the conference website.
- Atlantic Council for International Cooperation Annual Symposium
- Canadian Society of Addiction Medicine Annual Meeting and Scientific Conference
- Celebration of Community Volunteer Day: A Film Screening Event
- Invitation to support the Canadian LAC pre‑congress
- Sixth Global Symposium on Health Systems Research
- 2019 Canadian Conference on Global Health
- SickKids Global Child Health Course
- Public Talk: Ethics in Research with Indigenous Peoples