Global Health News» Go to news main
North American Refugee Health Conference
Dates: June 14-16, 2019
Location: Toronto, Canada
The North American Refugee Health Conference (NARHC) is the largest refugee health conference of its kind globally and offers access to recent research, best practices in refugee health and a great opportunity for networking.
The Honourable Bob Rae, lawyer, human rights advocate, and former politician will speak about the atrocities he witnessed and the plight of the Rohingya as they flee from Burma to Bangladesh. Dr. Maya Prabhu, psychiatrist, and lawyer from Yale University will deliver a plenary talk on trauma and resiliency, explaining how those who support vulnerable refugee populations can support healing. In addition, we offer two special pre-courses – Update Course in Clinical Tropical Medicine and Travelers’ Health in collaboration with the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (ASTMH) and Nutrition and Health Status of New Canadians in collaboration with the Canadian Nutrition Society.
For more information please visit the conference website.
- Dal Med GHI Global Health Case Competition
- The Service Learning Program Invites You To The Final Presentations & Year End Celebration
- White Fragility Clinic
- 2022 Global Health Student Writing Competition
- 7th Khon Kaen University’s International Challenge on Emergency Medicine
- Program Assistant: Indigenous Health in Medicine Program
- Belong Speaker Series: Breaking Barriers at Dalhousie University
- Multiple Employment Opportunities ‑ NSERC Encouraging Vaccine Confidence in Canada