Global Health News» Go to news main
SickKids Global Child Health Course
Date/Location: 18 online course sessions
The SickKids Global Child Health Course (SGCHC) is an open access e-learning resource which aims to expose students and health workers to key issues in global child health. This course will provide participants with exposure to multiple aspects of global child health through varied teaching pedagogies while supporting the SickKids Centre for Global Child Health’s commitment to advancing the global agenda for newborn, child and adolescent health through sustainable capacity building.
Here are some quick facts about the SGCHC:
- The course is composed of 5 modules, each containing 2-5 sessions. There are 18 course
sessions in total
- Each session features a variety of interactive assessments (case studies, refreshers and quizzes),
expert video talks, and an extensive glossary
- Each session will take approximately 1.5-2 hours to complete. In addition, Module 2, 3 and 5 have
additional resources to review
Who is the SGCHC for and how can it be applied?
The SGCHC is designed not only for those who study and work in the healthcare and public health domain but also for individuals wanting to learn more about global child health. The course content explores child health in the context of its linkages with maternal health, global burden of disease, key health issues in child survival, school-age children and adolescent health, intervention priorities and barriers, especially from a low- and middle-income country perspective.
Participants can find more information and register for the course at: https://learn.sickkidsglobal.ca/.
- Canadian Society of Addiction Medicine Annual Meeting and Scientific Conference
- Celebration of Community Volunteer Day: A Film Screening Event
- Invitation to support the Canadian LAC pre‑congress
- Sixth Global Symposium on Health Systems Research
- 2019 Canadian Conference on Global Health
- SickKids Global Child Health Course
- Public Talk: Ethics in Research with Indigenous Peoples
- PEGASUS IV Conference 2020