Global Health News» Go to news main
Canadian Society of Addiction Medicine Annual Meeting and Scientific Conference
Date: Oct. 24 - 27, 2019
Location: Halifax, NS
Building Bridges through Shared Learning/Créer des connections grâce à l’apprentissage partagé is our theme, connecting research and evidence-based treatments with presentations about current knowledge and skills in addictions care in Canada.
The Annual CSAM Conference (October 24-26) will feature:
- Workshops on SMART Recovery, Pain & Addiction, ACT therapy, Buprenorphine prescribing and more
- Best practices in addictions care
- Keynote presentations by Dr. John Kelly, Andre Picard, Dr. Sherry Stewart and Dr. Phil Tibbo
- New research findings on cannabis, the opioid epidemic, concurrent disorders and other current issues
- Innovative strategies to collaborate and connect to begin developing a community of practice for addictions in the Maritimes.
- 2 refreshment breaks and full lunch included each day
- Opening reception Thursday evening included
The Fundamentals Course (October 26-27) has been newly revised and expanded to 1 ½ days and will feature presentations on the screening, assessment, diagnosis and treatment of alcohol and substance use disorders.
Click this link for more information and to register.
Early bird pricing ends on August 31st.
Join us in Halifax to learn, meet and exchange ideas with researchers, educators and clinicians.
- Primary Health Care Research Day
- The Politics of Malnutrition
- Halifax Black Film Festival 2020
- Making it Count: Panel Discussion
- Black Excellence in Stem and Health Research Symposium
- Dal Reads with Michelle Sylliboy
- Zero Pain Conference
- HIV/AIDS Awareness Week Red Ribbon Flag‑raising