Global Health News» Go to news main
New life awaits your used iPad: Department of Anesthesia
Location: room 231-C, 10 West Victoria Building
Do you have an iPad you would be willing to donate to support training in low-resource settings?
The Department of Anesthesia is collecting used iPads to support simulation equipment needs for the Vital Anesthesia Simulation Training (VAST) course.
This three-day course provides an immersive multidisciplinary simulation-based experience that focuses on the core aspects of safe anesthesia practice in district hospitals resource-limited areas. The course uses simple, easily portable materials. Two paired iPads are used with SimMon software to replicate patient monitoring. For more information, visit vastcourse.org.
If you have a used iPad that’s looking for a new home, please consider donating it to the Department of Anesthesia Global Health office so it can have a second life helping with anesthesia training around the world.
Please drop the iPads off to the Global Health Coordinator (email@example.com), room 231-C, 10 West Victoria Building. If it is difficult to get to the office, just email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 902.473.5428 and we will coordinate an exchange.
- Fall 2023 White Fragility Clinic
- PLANS Health Professions Exploration Day
- Climate Course for Global Gastroenterology
- 2023 Student Writing Competition
- Job Posting: Dalhousie Writing Centre Student Tutors
- White Fragility Clinic 2022‑2023
- Dal Med GHI Global Health Case Competition
- The Service Learning Program Invites You To The Final Presentations & Year End Celebration