Global Health News» Go to news main
CH&E Seminar Series: COVID‑19 and Public Health Policy in the USA: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Date: Monday, September 21, 2020 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Location: Zoom Meeting (link provided in event details)
Presenters: Dr. Neil MacKinnon, Dean and Professor, Winkle College of Pharmacy, University of Cincinnati and Dr. Diego Cuadros, Assistant Professor of Health Geography, College of Arts & Sciences, University of Cincinnati
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 814 6158 1121
Phone: +17789072071,,81461581121# Canada
In this presentation, Drs. MacKinnon and Cuadros will compare and contrast the public health approaches to containing the COVID-19 pandemic in Canada and the US. They will provide an overview of the current state of the epidemiology and health policy related to the pandemic with a focus on Ohio, an early public health leader in the US. Sharing examples from their own research as part of UC’s Geospatial Health Advising Group, they will discuss the development of, and response to, the health policy briefs their team prepared for the Ohio Department of Health. They will also describe the creation of predictive models and linking these models to available healthcare resources using advanced geospatial mapping techniques and large datasets, as recently published in Health & Place. Anyone with an interest in health policy and epidemiology related to the COVID-19 pandemic will benefit from this seminar, whether a researcher, clinician, policy maker, health advocate or other.
- Describe the similarities and differences in public health policy to COVID-19 in Canada and the US.
- Discuss the impact of COVID-19 and strategies to address it in the State of Ohio.
- Consider the utility of geospatial mapping techniques to predict the spread of COVID-19 and the linkage to available healthcare resources.
For more information contact: email@example.com
- CH&E Seminar Series: COVID‑19 and Public Health Policy in the USA: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Spark: A Discussion Group on Equity in Medicine Presents Dr. Sarita Verma
- Spark: A Discussion Group on Equity in Academic Medicine
- Short‑Documentary Screening: Period. End of Sentence
- Primary Health Care Research Day
- The Politics of Malnutrition
- Halifax Black Film Festival 2020
- Making it Count: Panel Discussion