Global Health News» Go to news main
Program Assistant: Indigenous Health in Medicine Program
Application Deadline: Aug 4, 2021
The Program Assistant will work with the Program Manager to provide operational and administrative assistance to implement programming in support of recruitment and retention of Indigenous studentsinto medicine. The Program Assistant will be responsible to perform a variety of administrative, coordination, and logistical services to achieve the tasks outlined below.
The Indigenous Health in Medicine program is funded by the Johnson Scholarship Foundation with programming to support Indigenous (First Nation, Metis, Inuit) students in their journey to becoming a health professional and creating a health system that reflects our communities.
- Assist with organization of events and activities, such as lectures, workshops, and information sessions on campus, schools, and in community across Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and PEI.
- Prepare information for variety of communicationsincluding website and social media (Blog, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram), presentations, brochures, posters, reports
- Assist in document preparation, background research and editing of materials with a focus on Indigenous Health
- Assist with preparation of March Break, Summer campand other workshops/programming
- Administrative tasks
- Good research and writing skills
- Experience with social media
- Self-motivated and ability to take initiative
- Current Dalhousie post-secondary (undergrad or grad) student in a health/science program
- Preference will be given to applicants of Indigenous descent
- Criminal Records Check, Child Abuse Registry/Vulnerable Sector Screening (or willingness to obtain).
- Travel will be required –mostly in July/ August and some throughout the year
- Hours: Full time in May-August; part time in September-April
- Location: Global Health Office, Dalhousie University(Some work will be performed virtually due to COVID 19)
- Salary: $15-$17 per hour (dependent upon education and experience)
Please send your CV and coverletter to: Hannah Asprey Program Manager
- 2023 Student Writing Competition
- Job Posting: Dalhousie Writing Centre Student Tutors
- White Fragility Clinic 2022‑2023
- Dal Med GHI Global Health Case Competition
- The Service Learning Program Invites You To The Final Presentations & Year End Celebration
- White Fragility Clinic
- 2022 Global Health Student Writing Competition
- 7th Khon Kaen University’s International Challenge on Emergency Medicine