Global Health News» Go to news main
Black Excellence in Stem and Health Research Symposium
Dates: March 6 & 7, 2020
Location: Dalhousie University
PLANS, DBDLI and Imhotep’s Legacy Academy have come together to present the first annual Black Excellence in STEM and Health Research Symposium. This event builds on the momentum of two distinct gatherings of black researchers in 2019: The Black Research Symposium (PLANS) and the Black Excellence in STEM Conference (ILA).
This two-day event is an opportunity for black scholars doing research in Science, Technology Engineering, Math (STEM) and Health to celebrate their work in all disciplines and inform the community of their progress. We wish to encourage collaboration between Black STEM and Health researchers and collectively develop solutions to tackle barriers to entry in these fields. We will also promote the work of aligned organizations such as the Health Association of African Canadians (HAAC-SO), Atlantic Association of Black Aspiring Physicians (AABAP), Community of Black Student Nurses (CBSN) and other community and university partners.
university and community scholars are invited to showcase their research in a poster presentation format. Researchers are also invited to take part in a friendly 5-minute thesis pitch competition designed to give constructive feedback and community support with a cash prize awarded to the winner.
This is a public event - all are welcome.
For more information please contact PLANS@dal.ca
- Global Health Post‑2020
- 6th Khon Kaen University’s International Challenge on Emergency Medicine and Related Basic Science 2020 (KKU ICEM)
- Spark: A Discussion Group on Equity in Medicine Presents: The Urgency of Intersectionality
- CH&E Seminar Series: COVID‑19 and Public Health Policy in the USA: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Spark: A Discussion Group on Equity in Medicine Presents Dr. Sarita Verma
- Spark: A Discussion Group on Equity in Academic Medicine
- Short‑Documentary Screening: Period. End of Sentence
- Primary Health Care Research Day