- (retired from) the Department of Dental Clinical Sciences
- (retired) Professor, Faculties of Dentistry & Medicine, Dalhousie University
- While an active professor, she had been cross-appointed to the Department of Bioethics
- BSc (Mount Saint Vincent University)
- MSc (Dalhousie University)
- MA (Dalhousie University)
- DDS (Dalhousie University)
Professor McNally’s clinical and academic interests include caring for elders, oral health promotion, and health care ethics focusing on social justice and access to care for vulnerable populations.
- Daniels B, McNally ME, Matthews DC, Sketris I, Hayden JA. Management of Xerostomia in Older Adults: A Systematic Review. J. Pharm Technol 2013;29:13-22.
- McNally ME, Matthews DC, Clovis JB, Brillant M, Filiaggi MJ. The oral health of ageing baby boomers: a comparison of adults aged 45-64 and those 65 years and older. Gerodontology 2012; doi: 10.1111/ger.12022.
- Matthews DC, Brillant, MGS, Clovis JB, McNally ME, Filiaggi MJ, Kotzer RD and Lawrence HP. Assessing the oral health of an ageing population: methods, challenges and predictors of survey participation. Gerodontology 2012; 29(2):e656-e666
- McNally ME, Martin-Misener R, Wyatt CCL, McNeil KP, Crowell SJ, Matthews DC, Clovis JB. Action Planning for Daily Mouth Care in Long-Term Care: The Brushing up on Mouth Care Project. Journal of Nursing Research and Practice. vol. 2012, Article ID 368356, 11 pages.
- Matthews DC, Clovis JB, Brillant MG, Filiaggi MJ, McNally ME, Kotzer RD, Lawrence HP. Oral health status of long-term care residents – A vulnerable population. Journal of the Canadian Dental Association. 2012;78:c3
Selected awards and honours
- Pierre Fauchard Academy Distinguished Service Award, 2011
- Fellowship into the Pierre Fauchard Academy, 2011
- Canadian Dental Association Award of Merit in appreciation of significant service to Canadian dentistry, 2009
- Nova Scotia Dental Association Community Service Award in recognition of outstanding commitment and service to community, 2008