Adjunct Professor and Senior Lecturer
Telephone: +61 07 31382010
Faculty of Law
Queensland University of Technology
C308, C Block, 2 George Street, GPO Box 2434
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 4001
- Senior Lecturer, Australian Centre for Health Law Research, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Adjunct Appointment, Department of Bioethics, Dalhousie University
- Rural health and rural bioethics
- Organizational ethics
- Health systems law
- Health governance
- Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Faculty of Law
- QUT publications
- Technoscience and Regulation Research Unit (TRRU)
- BA (Victoria University of Wellington)
- LLB (Victoria University of Wellington)
- LLM (Dalhousie University)
- JSD (Dalhousie University)
Dr. McDonald’s research interests encompass rural bioethics and health governance, including the governance of: health systems and organizations (urban and rural); health professionals; health technologies; and healthcare quality and patient safety. Her work is interdisciplinary and draws from law, bioethics and regulatory theory.
- Simpson, Christy; McDonald, Fiona. Rethinking Rural Health Ethics. Springer Publishing Inc, 2017. In press.
- B. White, F. McDonald & L. Willmott, eds., Health Law in Australia 2nd edition (Sydney: Thomson, 2014).
- S. Short & F. McDonald, eds., Health Workforce Governance: Improved Access, Good Regulatory Practice, Safer Patients (London: Ashgate, 2012).
- C. Simpson & F. McDonald F. “'Any body is better than nobody?' Ethical questions around recruiting and/or retaining health professionals in rural areas” (2011) 11: 1867 Rural and Remote Health. Available: http://www.rrh.org.au.
- C. Holmes, F. McDonald, M. Jones, V. Ozedemir & J. Graham, “Standardization and Omics Science: Technical and Social Dimensions are Inseparable and Demand Symmetrical Study” (2010) 14:3 Omics: The Journal of Integrative Biology 1-6 Available: http://www.liebertonline.com/doi/pdfplus/10.1089/omi.2010.0022.
- Member, editorial board, QUT Law Review
- Executive member, QUT’s Centre for Emergency and Disaster Management
- Associate Fellow Australasian College of Health Service Management
- Australasian Association of Bioethics and Health Law
Service & activity
- Deputy Chair, QUT’s University Human Research Ethics Committee