Upper River Valley
Upper River Valley Hospital
2 LICD positions (2015-2016)
The Upper River Valley Hospital (URVH) is located mid- west of New Brunswick, along the border of Maine, U.S.A., one hour north of Fredericton. The hospital services an area of approximately 45,000 of mainly small towns from Grand Falls to Nackawick, servicing in a range of acute, in-patient, out-patient and community services and clinics.
- Built in 2007 with 70 bed capacity and staff of 36 physicians, many of whom are actively involved in teaching with the LICD program.
- Has residents in the obstetrics and emergency departments.
- Offers an Extra –Mural hospital program which provides comprehensive in-home health care services.
- Has an Emergency Department supported by 7 specialties.
- Participate in an ongoing program with our local First Nations community as well as many community organizations.
The DMNB medical education unit is located in the Dr. F. S. Goodine Medical Education Centre on the first floor.
- Two Dalhousie network – linked video conference suites.
- Six on-call rooms.
- Student lounge.
- Study room with two computer work stations.
- Library and associated services are also located on the first floor of the hospital.
Located on the River
The main industries in the area revolve around potatoes. Farmers grow them; McCains makes them into French Fries and the Covered Bridge Chip Factory across the road from the hospital makes them into chips - but they are best at the chip bar, hot off the conveyor. Come find out!
For more information, please contact:
DMNB Clerkship Coordinator