4 LICD positions (2015-2016)
Miramichi is located in Northern New Brunswick with a population of approximately 19,000. The villages of Baie Ste.-Anne, Blackville, Neguac, Rogersville, and the City of Miramichi, and surrounding areas, with a population of approximately 50,000, combine to create the service area of the hospital.
- Built in 1996 with 160 bed capacity and staff of seventy physicians, many of whom are actively involved in teaching with the LICD program.
- Encompasses six peripheral and community based health clinics including community mental health services and addiction services.
- Offers an Extra –Mural hospital program which provides comprehensive in-home health care services.
- Has an Emergency Department staffed 24 hours / day supported by 16 specialties
- Participate in an ongoing program with our local First Nations community as well as many community organizations.
The DMNB medical education unit is located on the third floor.
- Two Dalhousie network – linked video conference suites.
- Two on call rooms.
- Student lounge with five computer work stations.
- Locker room.
- Administrative offices.
- Library and associated services are located on the second floor of the hospital.
A Leader in NB Health
Miramichi is a leader in the area of Population Health with the “Mango Program.” Additionally, Miramichi was the site for New Brunswick’s first comprehensive Methadone clinic. It is also the site of Atlantic Canada’s initial Longitudinal Integrated Clerkship program.
For more information, please contact:
DMNB Clerkship Coordinator
Phone: (506) 623-3341