Cupido Daniels Award
Cupido Daniels Education Award
The Department of Diagnostic Radiology Cupido Daniels Education Award is intended to provide support to graduating students of the Faculty of Health Professions imaging technology programs (Radiological Technology, Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound or Nuclear Medicine Technology) and residents in Diagnostic Radiology or Nuclear Medicine enrolling in a formal educational program leading to additional competence in education. Examples would include a Masters of Adult Learning or a Masters in Medical Education. These candidates are expected to have an exceptionally high potential for an academic appointment in a department of diagnostic radiology, nuclear medicine or related medical imaging science.
Applicants for awards aimed at the next academic sessions (normally September) will be accepted up to January 31 of that year.
The maximum funding available may be variable from year to year, but a maximum award of $10,000 per year may be provided. This award will be used as a top-up to other stipend support but preference may be given to those with no other financial support.
It is envisioned that this award will not be granted on an annual basis but only when suitable candidates apply.
- Within six months of the application deadline, the applicant must be a student in the Faculty of Health Professions (Radiological Technology, Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound, Nuclear Medicine Technology) or be a radiology resident in the Department of Radiology in the Faculty of Medicine.
- Applicants seeking financial support to pursue their first Master’s or PhD will be favoured.
- This award must be accepted within 15 working days of the date of offer or the award will be offered to the next fundable applicant.
Review process and evaluation
Awards will be made on a competitive basis. Applications will be reviewed and ranked by members of the Department of Radiology and a School of Health Sciences member. Criteria for evaluation will include:
- Evidence of previous commitment to education
- Potential to develop an academic career focussed on education
- Quality of student or resident (grades, references, etc.)
How to apply
Applicants are encouraged to contact the Department of Radiology in advance of the start of their proposed program. Applications should include a covering letter outlining the educational program being considered, the candidate’s career goals and two letters of reference, one of which should be from their current program supervisor.
Dr. David C. Barnes
Professor and Head, Department of Radiology
Chief, Department of Diagnostic Imaging
Capital District Health Authority
Telephone: (902) 473-5452