Our departments has four major awards to recognize faculty for their continued dedication to quality teaching, performance and research.
Resident Teaching Award:
This award is giving by the graduation radiology class to a staff member who they have identified as an Outstanding Educator. It is always a challenging decision for the residents and given the numerous excellent candidates, the award is often shared.
- 2016: Dr. Andreu Costa and Dr. Rebecca Dobson
- 2015: Dr. James Clarke and Dr. Robert Vandorpe
- 2014: Dr. Siân Iles & Dr. Catherine O’Brien
- 2013: Dr. Gordon Boyd & Dr. Mark McSween
- 2012: Dr. Daria Manos & Dr. Michael Mitchell
- 2011: Dr. Alan Brydie
- 2010: Dr. William Maloney
Department Head’s Teaching Impact Award:
This award recognizes a faculty member (based on resident evaluations) who ‘stepped up to the challenge of improving the impact of their teaching.
Department Head’s Outstanding Faculty List :
This list is to acknowledge radiologists who are in the top 10% .
The prize is announced at our annual Research Day conference with nominees from the Radiology Research Committee recognizing investigators for their exception research effort.